Wednesday, November 5, 2008

.she.

She makes my heart sing. Plain and simple.

Kennedy was quite possibly one of the most laid back newborns I've ever been around. Seriously. It took a little persuading to get her to sleep (like any other newborn), but she was happy awake or asleep. We shooshed her to sleep and she dozed right off into newborn dreamland. You know, that place where they all seem to go. Where they make the sweetest sounds and the squishiest faces. Mmmmm and did I mention her smell? Heavenly.
.
I've stepped out of my comfort zone. I'll admit I'm not a black and white girl. If you're a regular blog reader, you've probably figured that out by now. I believe you have to have just the right image, and all of the factors have to fall into place just so, in order for it to look right in black and white. I came across a photographer today, who I think this phenomenal, and noticed that she posts alot of her newborns in black and white and after much thought and dissection I've decided to give it a try. I love that newborns are raw. And I feel like black and white images really capture that essence. So, here goes nothin'. :)

Thank you, Rachel and Shane, for inviting me into your loving home. I had a very enjoyable time playing with your sweet sweet baby and chatting with you guys. Thanks for letting me get my fix.

Until next time,

Emily

1 comment:

April Jackson said...

I love the black and white photos that you did of Avery! I love your color photos just as much, but step out of your comfort zone more often!!