Monday, August 4, 2008

Collin & Lyndi

First, let me say that this girl had the GREATEST idea... She wanted to take ALL of her pictures the morning of the wedding- with all family and the whole bridal party there. Being the traditional girl myself, I waited to see my groom when I was walking down the isle and now I'm wondering what in the world I was thinking. I wish I had pictures like these from my wedding. Seeing each other before the wedding gives the photographer so much more time and room to be creative and it's nice to have something a little different than the wedding party all lined up in front of the church- plus the guests weren't waiting on me. :) Photographers are always the bad guys when the guests are all at the reception waiting for the bride and groom. Plus, we were able to get some really intimate, fun, sentimental pictures of them seeing each other for the first time. So, if you are engaged and reading this and you want more than just the typical formal wedding photographs, consider taking all of the pictures of you and your families before the wedding. Ok, enough of that.

I absolutely loved the feeling of Lyndi and Collin's wedding. Her dress, shoes, jewelry, hair, make-up.... everything was beautiful. AND they were so easy to photograph. I did very little coaching and posing- they were totally at ease and complete naturals. I appreciate you guys being willing to let me get most of my work out of the way in the morning... it made my day so much less hurried and stressful. Your wedding was so sweet and I really did have a great time.



I'm sure as I continue editing there will be more favorites so keep checking back. :)

3 comments:

YCM the blog... said...

Emily!!!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE them
these are fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

Emily, Your photographs are beautiful! Paula Verbit, Perfect Bridal Coaching

April Jackson said...

These look awesome and I can't wait to see the rest! We took all of our pictures before the wedding and it was much better! All the tears are usually shed during the wedding so everyone appreciated not having to worry about pictures with red faces! Can't wait for Avery to have more pictures taken!!