Tuesday, April 1, 2008

8lbs 2oz 21in

When I got the text message that Miss Keira was here that's exactly what it said "8lbs 2oz 21in." As soon as I read it I had this stream of emotion come over me. I was walking out the door trying to get Audrey in the car and off to work and when I read it I thought- that is EXACTLY the same size my sweet baby was when she was born. Its so easy to get swept up in the business of being a wife and mommy and the everyday stuff, that I often forget about the first few days of my baby's life and what she looked like. Tiny hands, tiny lips, tiny feet. As I sat here editing these few favorites tonight I was reminded about what life was like that first week. I think we were just in survival mode. hehe. It took us a while to get the hang of things but once we did... wow what an amazing change in our lives. I look back and think- I was an incredibly selfish person before I had a baby. I love my life now. Jonathan and I often look at each other and think... What in the world did we do before we had her?!? This first picture is so similar to a picture I have of Audrey when she was a newborn... There goes that wave of emotion again.. haha I'm being sappy. Ok, that's enough. Enjoy this time, Misti. As you know- it will go by way too fast. It won't be long until she, too, will be eating Wheat Thins and pulling every piece of clothing out of her dresser.







2 comments:

YCM the blog... said...

love love love that third one
soooo sweeet!!!!

THE FLOYDS said...

these all made me cry! how precious :) when can I order?