Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I don't normally do this...

... but tonight I'm doing a personal post. For the three of you that read my blog- we went on a WONDERFUL vacation with our friends Jason and Nicole to Oregon. Their families live there so we had free lodging (and AWESOME hosts). The weather could not have been any better so we took advantage of it and spent almost the whole time outdoors. Here was our trip... in photos. Sort of.

These were the TVs in the headrests on the Airplane. These were so cool. The little airplane in the lower right corner moved with us so we could see what state we were flying over.

The "30 Minute" hike to Crawfish Lake where we fished and relaxed for the day. Jason's step dad told us it was an easy 30 minute hike and 50 minutes after a pretty grueling hike we were wondering what in the world he was talking about. :)
These dogs were mammoths. The first one's name is Chevelle and the second is Murphy. Murphy is the biggest dog I have ever seen. These dogs were gentle giants and it was so neat to watch them.Anthony Lakes? I think that's what this lake was called. It was BEAUTIFUL.

Then we went camping. We had a BLAST hiking and fishing and eating and relaxing. I think I put away no less than 10 roasted marshmallows. (pre-boot camp :) We were a little worried about it getting REALLY cold at night so all four of us piled into one tent. The girls in the middle on the air mattress (sweet boys) and the boys on either side of us. Nic and I slept great... The boys on the other hand.... like I said- sweet boys. :)Nicole likes hers BURNT.
Jason likes his warty and brown- not burnt.
I like mine brown- not burnt- with a smore in my other hand. Hahaha. This girl likes to eat. Again- b.o.o.t.c.a.m.p. TERRIBLE PICTURE!
My sweet, sweet handsome hubby. He was having the time of his life living it up in the outdoors.

.BEAUTIFUL.

The view looking out the back door at Nicole's parents house at sunset. Why do we live in Texas again?
Pretty cool.





Our super cool buddies. :) Thanks Jason and Nicole for letting us tag along on your summer vacation.
Playa Del Carmen next??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love the pics of my dogs! Makes them look much more regal than they actually are. :) And the lake/mountains are amazing. You're so good at this! It was great to meet you guys.